You can apply in this website (here) for a TFN (Individual Tax File Number).
It is not mandatory to have a TFN, but it will help you with:
- File a tax return
- Start or change jobs
- Limit the amount of tax you pay on interest or dividends from savings or investment accounts.
If you operate a business as a retailer or sole trader, you can use your individual TFN. For other types of business structures, you must request a trade tax registration number.
You can request a TFN:
- at Participating Australian Postal Sales Points.
- in an ATO business.
- by email.
To complete your application, you may need to do the following:
- Provide identity verification documents and
- interview sb.
Visit the Australian Treasury website for more information on how to apply for a TFN as an Australian resident, a person living outside Australia, a foreign passport holder, a permanent migrant or a visa holder.
Apply for a business Tax File Number (TFN)
Registered tax agents can automatically issues your partnership, business or trust to a TFN company when you apply for an Australian Business Number (ABN).
You can register an ABN and a commercial TFN via an online form on the professional agents website like this one. The form will also:
- Tell you what information you need to complete your registration.
- Allow you to save your progress and come back later.
- Provide more useful information about ABNs and TFNs.
- You can create other business documents that you may need.