Perth, the capital of Western Australia
Perth is a populated and very extensive city situated in Western Australia. For this reason, we want to mention the essential sites you should visit. Next, you can find what to see, where to eat and where to sleep if you visit Perth in 24 hours.
What to see in Perth?
First of all, you must visit the city center. Certainly, it is not a city with a lot of history or great monuments, but it is necessary to know it.
We recommend you to walk around the alleys of Wolf Lane y Grand Lane. Also, if you are thinking in shops, Hay Street Mall and King’s Street are the best fashionable zones.
When you walk around the center you can see:
- Perth Mint: it is a colonial style building and is the oldest currency factory in the country. It is located just 5 minutes from the cathedral and can be visited from 9 to 17 hours.
- Perth Cultural Center: the center is not a specific building, it is an area. It is in the bohemian neighborhood of Northbridge. Also, there are museums, libraries, theaters, etc. The most important museums are the WA Museum, the Art Gallery of WA and the Schitech.
- King’s Park and Botanic Garden: this urban park and botanical garden is about 4 square kilometers and is the most visited tourist attraction in Western Australia.
- Elizabeth Quay: It is a modern pier located in the Central Business District.
- The Swan River and Heirisson island: The Swan River crosses Perth and empties into the Indian Ocean. In addition, in the middle of the river there is the Heirisson island, a small island famous for its kangaroos in freedom.
- Cottesloe Beach: the Cottesloe neighborhood is about 11 kilometers west of downtown Perth. In this area there is the Cottesloe beach, a large beach and has no sharks.
Where to eat in Perth?
One of the best places to eat is Northbridge. It is a young neighborhood so there is a lot of atmosphere especially at night. There is a wide variety of Asian and Italian restaurants. We especially recommend the Francoforte Spaghetti Bar.
Where to sleep in Perth?
If you are in Perth for more than a day, we advise you to go to sleep in Fremantle. A good option to stay is the YHA Fremantle Prison, a hostel with private and shared rooms.
On the other hand, if you prefer to stay in the city of Perth, we recommend a hostel of the same chain.
We hope this information has been interesting if you are planning to visit Perth in 24 hours. In addition, we want to clarify to you that it is important to obtain a TFN online to enter the country regardless of your nationality.